Van den Hul The D-102 III HYBRID XLR
With our ever continuing technical improvements, it is logical to replace the already since 1982 available D - 102 Series (after 24 upgrades in the meantime) by an actual HYBRID version. Together with our Linear Structured Carbon ® technology, we have therefore applied some number of strands from our highly acclaimed 3T-technology into the new D-102 III Hybrid.
The D - 102 III HYBRID is a warm yellow-orange colored very flexible balanced interconnect with a 3 layer shielding.
- The 2 centre conductors are made of 40 dense and very pure silver coated strands made of a very high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC. Over each centre conductor an extra Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated layer is applied.
- This extra layer of LSC highly improves the quality of the signal transmission by performing electrical bridging on micro-scale and by converting the external magnetic field close to the conductors into an electrical signal again.
- 4 strands of 3T have been applied into the design. 3T: True Transmission Technology offers a much higher resolution and detail compared to any other metal technology used so far.
- The resistance of each centre conductor is 5.5 Ohm/100 meter.
- The capacitance between the 2 internal conductors is a very low 37 pF/meter; so in balanced operation, even in rather high impedant circuitry, the overall losses and/or phase-shift remain very low.